Equiping Headgears entitle players to special commands, drop rates & exp rates

undeadrex

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21

Well, as the topic says... Is it possible to make such thing? when a player equip a custom headgear, by using this custom headgear, it will entitle players to use special @commands , increased drop rate & increased base and job EXP. isit possible to do so?? Reason why i asked this because i wanted my server to have a different VIP system to let every players in game know they are a VIP member by using the headgear as it will show VIP on top of their head..

Or Maybe, if its not possible to add in item_DB , perhaps its possible to do a NPC script which check if player is using "the item", the player will be entitle to use special @commands, increased drop rate, increased base and job exp..

The other reason why i wanted to implement this is because the Actual VIP system is so so confusing :ani_swt3: .. i cant understand a single thing from the actual VIP system :ani_swt3:

4 answers to this question

Hi rAthena, hopping that someone could do me or teach me to do such a script. I'm implementing a special VIP system because the original VIP system is very complicated for me. The other reason is i want something special, meaning to say that when a player donates, he/she could get a VIP Headgear, when using the headgear, it will show the VIP on top of the character head so that everyone in the server knows they're a VIP member of the server.

Isit possible to do a script that checks if the player equip the VIP Headgear, it will allow them to:

Using special @commands

@go

@jump

@autoloot

Increased Rates

Increase base exp gain

Increase job exp gain

Increase drop rate from mobs

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  108

I don't know but creating a complex function script would do it. Why not just use the VIP system? VIP accounts are placed on a groupid and put those commands there instead of creating a headgear?

Cause i read in some topic, they say VIP system is still buggy and im kinda complicated with how the whole vip system works /sob

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1443

All these things are fairly easy to add (drop rates im not sure without breaking bubblegum).

for @commands you can create a bindatcommand for the commands that just checks for the headgear with a return; if it passes and end if it fails this will continue the actual @command for only those wearing headgear.

For exp just give the headgear the item bonus of increased exp for all mobs.