RagEmu: 100% renewal emulator

Michi

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99

Hi~~

Why we choose to make a new emulator?

Dastgir, Jedzkie, malufett and I decided to initiate new emulator with renewal enabled only and to commemorate Ind's precious works and himself.. For us pre-renewal should stay as it is now. We decide to use Hercules as base but we will also follow rAthena, 3ceAm and idAthena features/updates. But this is not all, we will also make our own updates/features. th_e4.gif Our aim is to make the formula as accurate as it could be and we won't tolerate flaws in formula and inaccurate information.

We already made lot of big update that fix many many bugs, we didn't make them in 2 weeks. This are pending stuff that we have since more than a year.

No worry about the quality we are doing our best and our goal is to not let an invasion of bugs come in our bug tracker.

About the project:

All Devs are welcome to join our project and all current/Former staffs from any board are welcomed with the same title. Our goal is to fix gameplay mechanics first, it's the most important for us now and to show you our determination we already made some cool updates that include many many skills bug fix, Rebellion and Summoner ect...:

http://ragemu.org/board/topic/18-super-mega-update/

Many other update was include like official Sorcerer Elemental Spirit:

https://github.com/RagEmu/Renewal/commit/37f1da997c0c3b683d7fcc2eee9b8a6c8245de87

Hope to see you soon on RagEmu

Edited by michieru
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1546

Nice, good luck!

• Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  420

I don't want to be a party pooper, but forking rA was a mistake in the first place and foking it further is an even bigger mistake. Splitting the dev team and the community only makes it harder to implement things and fix issues and eventually will lead to community wane and finally total die off. I know that starting something new is much more exciting than fixing the old thing, but I can assure you, the latter is much more rewarding on the long run and that is the only way to improve something effectively. Every project has it's ups and downs and there are always new ideas that might be a bit against the project's aims but everything can be discussed and worked out.

Anyways, this is only my opinion.

Have fun and good luck!

• Upvote 9

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  623

I don't want to be a party pooper, but forking rA was a mistake in the first place and foking it further is an even bigger mistake. Splitting the dev team and the community only makes it harder to implement things and fix issues and eventually will lead to community wane and finally total die off. I know that starting something new is much more exciting than fixing the old thing, but I can assure you, the latter is much more rewarding on the long run and that is the only way to improve something effectively. Every project has it's ups and downs and there are always new ideas that might be a bit against the project's aims but everything can be discussed and worked out.

Anyways, this is only my opinion.

Have fun and good luck!

I agree, I do not think be sharing the best developers in several different emulators have any benefit to anyone, it will only make things more difficult to be made.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  27

Maybe should inform yourself about the reason beforehand. Also I disagree with the "benefit the community" part since 95% of it are leechers. Be happy they all do their projects open source.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  123

Goodluck!

but do not let your team is active only in the beginning, when running a year maybe you already do not care about our use of your server and start slow to update

just IMHO, when i found best Emu, then that Emu is abandoned

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  258

With great respect I want to say this:

Why better instead of doing more stupid emulators do not get to work here?

There are stupid emulators every year!

What you do is dissolve the existing communities

Adults working here, why not meet to dialogue with managers rathena and get to work here? or hercules not know

Here's something really good, make it better not dissolve

Communication done great things in the history of athena, because you break?

And this message is intended also for people of hercules

Here we all work for a common good,

because it does not promote a single emulator and make it better and better, I see only more childish ideas producing disunity

Your have a lot of talent and knowledge! Use them here

The community learned (eAthena) that the union is strength (in its heyday), do not you learn anything?

Now eAthena not exist for the same

Edited by Namine210

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  164

I'm surprised...
Well done..

Good luck..

Will look into it for seeking some great updates...

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  99

I wish that everyone will work together but for me there is many many problem on each community that make this impossible. I don't tell this  new community is the solution. I know it's not. But there is to much difference beetween how ppl want to work and final goal.

For me the reason I don't want to work on rathena is the custom renewal that was create: Exemple: Atk/matk and many other things are custom.

On hercules the biggest problem for me are the constraints. This break my motivation...

I respect all the work of each community but the problem is that we all have different goal.

For me pre-renewal should die and we should go forward but this is my opinion. I decide to participate to RagEmu because I love RO and I want to make player happy. I have my own server and I can keep all those update just for me but it's not my vision of RO. For me it's important to share for free and let Admin chose what they want. My priority are the player. Without player no need to make emulator.

Long live to a free Ragnarok world

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  790

The goal of rAthena is actually to make everything 100% official kRO, no customs.

You won't even need approval to make something official. So if something is wrong about Atk/Matk, you can fix it. :-)

I already applied some fixes on it anyway. Maybe it's correct now?

And I don't care for renewal at all. From the very beginning when renewal came I said on eAthena that devs should work together to just make a 100% working episode 13.2 and forget about renewal until pre-re is 100% working and honestly if rAthena and Herc and other emulators were never created and all devs worked on making a 100% working episode 13.2 we might be done by now and could start renewal with a solid foundation.

Still I didn't stay at eAthena and joined rAthena. Why? Because in the end supporting both is the correct way. Many of the fixes I do... all devs do... affect both pre-renewal and renewal. If you split that apart then you always have to do the fixes twice. That's just double the work with no benefit.

• Upvote 8

I wish that everyone will work together but for me there is many many problem on each community that make this impossible. I don't tell this  new community is the solution. I know it's not. But there is to much difference beetween how ppl want to work and final goal.

For me the reason I don't want to work on rathena is the custom renewal that was create: Exemple: Atk/matk and many other things are custom.

On hercules the biggest problem for me are the constraints. This break my motivation...

I respect all the work of each community but the problem is that we all have different goal.

For me pre-renewal should die and we should go forward but this is my opinion. I decide to participate to RagEmu because I love RO and I want to make player happy. I have my own server and I can keep all those update just for me but it's not my vision of RO. For me it's important to share for free and let Admin chose what they want. My priority are the player. Without player no need to make emulator.

problem each community -> creating a new Emu -> problem again -> creating again -> problem -> create -> prob -> crt...

i hope that not be happens in RagEmu. so sad to heard now Herc is super late update and super slow respond in bug tracker.

and again, i hope RagEmu will not like that.

Edited by Psyche

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  258

then why exist rAthena (Renewal Athena emulator)

I am going to repeat the name Renewal athena emulator  if you do not understand this means working on renewal

then, leave your childish ideas, move your hands,and get to work here in the famous renewal that you want

You're being ridiculous you and all who support you because if you love ro you do the right thing to improve this and not run away

Excuse me if I am very honest with you, but you always need someone to tell it like it is, you to land your ideas

Edited by Namine210

then why exist rAthena (Renewal Athena emulator)

I am going to repeat the name Renewal athena emulator  if you do not understand this means working on renewal

then, leave your childish ideas, move your hands,and get to work here in the famous renewal that you want

You're being ridiculous you and all who support you because if you love ro you do the right thing to improve this and not run away

Excuse me if I am very honest with you, but you always need someone to tell it like it is, you to land your ideas

i agreed with michieru for his project.

rAthena now seems has complicated code. and i understand why michieru going for his project.

but, like i'm talked before, i wonder that RagEmu only active for 1year. over that, it is abandoned Emulator, and died community. if there is a bug, they will slow response, and slow up to date

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  265

I agree entirely with what Playtester stated. If there's really such big custom things in rAthena, why not work on the project itself to fix them and make them accurate?

(We're always looking for more skilled and dedicated developers, and the staff is a nice bunch of guys.)

This is the first time I heard of such a big issue, and the damage from official servers to rA seems pretty spot on to me.

At the end of the day, it's your decision and nobody can stop you from making and working on this new project, but we'd love if you could point out the flaws in rAthena so we can work on them ourselves at least. :]

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  29

@michirue

Sorry, but...

I don't like this words:

"pre-renewal should die"

Untill nowday, still got so many pre-renwal server type and stable for 2-2nd rebirth trans job.

I'm the one of them. 99/70 trans 2-2nd job lover!

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  1654

First of all, good luck with the new project.

As a server owner point of view, this project will only focused on Renewal mechanics so RagEmu will be attractive to non-classic server owners.

As a dev point of view, it will somewhat helpful to have another source for comparison if there's new updates/bug reports.

But IMO this will make the community & devs even more splitted, it looks exactly like this:

[spoiler=Fork Illustration]ldt69.png

Current active projects (rA/Herc/idA/etc) have suffered from devs that inactive because of busy irl, not to mention those never ending Bug Reports/GitHub Issues which needs official confirmation.

In score of 0 being disagree and 100 being agree, I'm on 35 with this project.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  182

No offense, but saying 100% renewal emulator is funny when you guys posted this

http://ragemu.org/board/topic/131-ragemu-supports-pre-renewal/?do=getNewComment

imho, you should focus on updating hercules, it's lack many update compared rAthena.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  331

No offense, but saying 100% renewal emulator is funny when you guys posted this

http://ragemu.org/board/topic/131-ragemu-supports-pre-renewal/?do=getNewComment

imho, you should focus on updating hercules, it's lack many update compared rAthena.

That's different repo altogether, and the main focus isn't on it(and wouldn't be for upcoming months, except if jedzkie will work on it)

Also, if you just say, we should focus on abc,xyz, You should also think that, there's some reason why ragemu was created...

• 5 months later...

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  383

What happen to this community now at first they are very ACTIVE now? this is what my predication says, sooner or later your project will be DEAD.

I think i'm right :D

rAthena is still the best, trying to fix those issues and implementing new system from Official kRO.

Way to go up rAthena!

• 9 months later...

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  420

On 2016. 04. 21. at 12:59 AM, michieru said:

It's been a while since this topic was active, but my eyes just got stuck on this part. This is just not true.

I was only an insignificant part in the life of rA, but I personally debunked a ton of false issue reports that were referencing iRo renewal and back then we used every possible information from kRo to implement everything. I was searching for kRo sources for hours for weeks and I made dozens of formula and skill issue reports on the old bug tracker. Only gaps were filled in from iRo and even those were fixed after we got our hands on kRo infos/Aegis tests. So it was always as close to official as we could get. This reasoning just makes no sense. Additionally, everything that is custom is toggleable and the default is the official.

Edited by Antares

• 6 months later...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  8

This project is damn dead! the forum is dead. Who read this today may 2018. lol kidding