New Character, Black Background

cdelorme

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19

I am just getting started playing with rAthena, so far it's been fantastic.  Plenty of docs on the server components, and I was able to get the majority of that running in a matter of minutes.

However, there is a significant lack of documentation for creating clients that doesn't involve reading lots of linked posts and a bit of prayer.

I finally managed to get the latest kRO (20160124) working with a custom client (2015-10-29), modified using NEMO, and was able to connect to my server and create a new character.  I had to apply a modification to the source dealing with the src/char/char_clif.c file's `chclif_charlist_notify` function.

However, now I have a new problem.  Once I login the background is black, and I can't move, but I'm near two NPC's.  I haven't played the game since Classic, so I do not recognize either of the NPC's.

I have attached a screenshot.

I also have been documenting my process, and would like to post a youtube video once I have a solid understanding and everything is working.

Any chance someone can lend me a hand with troubleshooting?  I'm stumped as there are no errors from the server when I login.  Probably worth mentioning, I am running RO from PlayOnLinux/WINE, as i am a linux-junky.

I tried creating a Doram, but that also failed, this time with a database error:

[Warning]: itemdb_search: Item ID 1681 does not exists in the item_db. Using dummy data.

I am wondering whether I may have missed a step outside of running the rus patchers?  Or maybe I need to load/reload some items into my database?

Going to try again from a non-GM account, not sure if they start in a different location on character creation.  I'll post again shortly.

Edit: tried with a new account, same issue as before.  Also found the page that says Doram support requires a december 2015 client, which is a couple months ahead of the one I am using.

post-38048-0-81636600-1458617815_thumb.png

Edited by cdelorme

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  21

Hi cdelorme,

Regarding Black-Background, either compiled [as attached] in your .grf or insert oldizlude.grf in your Data.ini

And regarding that database, you have to update or just extract "item_db.txt" in rAthena github. Might be due to item missing in that line.

extract from here https://github.com/rathena/rathena/tree/master  or just replace using this provided item_db.txt,

[location: db\re\item_db.txt]

Make sure to make a copy (backup) before replacing it.

OldIzlude.grf

item_db.txt

Edited by Qura
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  587

[Warning]: itemdb_search: Item ID 1681 does not exists in the item_db. Using dummy data.

Update your item_db. Your database is outdated and this error shouldn't occur on latest rAthena.

Edit: SQL based database seems to be not synchronized to match the txt one yet.

You may convert one manually using this command. It will update your sql-files/item_db_re.sql.

You'll need perl installed on your system to continue. I assume you know how because you even know how to get RO to run on Linux. ;)

cd tools
convert_sql.pl --i=../db/re/item_db.txt --o=../sql-files/item_db_re.sql --t=re --m=item

Then import it into your database as usual.

About the black map. That's normal since kRO does weird thing to that map. You better change `start_point` configuration in char_athena.conf to somewhere else.

Edited by secretdataz
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  19

@Qura,

Thanks for the reply.

I followed this guide and just realized it was mentioned as a bug for the starting map.  I managed to type `@go 0` and it transported me to another area where I can properly move around.  I am guessing this would be a problem for all non-GM accounts that can't use `@` commands.  I will try that grf and relaunch with the secondary account and report back in a moment.

I pulled the latest master and ran imports as I wrote (all files in sql-files/ first-level directory, nothing in updates/ or tools/).  According to this topic it sounds like support for Doram is newer than my client, so I'm not sure if maybe the rAthena sql files simply don't yet have the items to match. 

The grf seems to have done the trick, and I rebuilt and loaded the item database from the txt file.

This seems to have done the trick, character starting location and Doram are working.

Any chance you can share where you grabbed that OldIzlude.grf from?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  21

Congrats  /no1

If I'm not mistaken (barely remember), the one from Zackdreaver's post (Hercules) http://herc.ws/board/topic/10579-2015-09-05-142-criatura-academy/page-2#entry66294   :meow:

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3

Qura, I had this problem too and your OldIzlude.grf option did the trick. Thanks!

:D