First Try Making A Patcher Skin

Sekai RO

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38

Hey guys, it's my first time making a psd file for patcher.

and an animated banner for my server.

Please rate 1~10

Can somebody help coding the patcher?

Thanks guys :)

Banner

anibanner.gif

Patcher

patcher.png

Edited by iDown

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  73

I like the banner, but the animation text should be slower so you can actually read it before it poofs again. 
Good Job on that one! 

The Patcher is not really my thing. Did you use inner shadow on buttons and the BG? 
Instead of doing an inner shadow I'd make the button look a bit more glossy by setting light and shadow. 
Also a basic frame with a dark color on the outside and a white one on the inside. I'd also use a white font if the background is dark instead of having a white stroke and a gradient overlay, like here:
7Dhx1QE.png

The Stroke around the patcher and around the buttons/logo part is too thick for just one color being there. I'd rather suggest you go with a purple > white > purple line if you want to have a thicker stroke, like here: 
DA4WfqU.png
But you're doing good! Keep up the work, try and progress so we have more people doing graphics on rAthena! =]
P.s: The pictures I did are just a quick preview for you so you know what I mean, I hope it was okay to modify your patcher on my end.

xo Daifu

Edited by Daifuku

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  38

I like the banner, but the animation text should be slower so you can actually read it before it poofs again. 

Good Job on that one! 

The Patcher is not really my thing. Did you use inner shadow on buttons and the BG? 

Instead of doing an inner shadow I'd make the button look a bit more glossy by setting light and shadow. 

Also a basic frame with a dark color on the outside and a white one on the inside. I'd also use a white font if the background is dark instead of having a white stroke and a gradient overlay, like here:

7Dhx1QE.png

The Stroke around the patcher and around the buttons/logo part is too thick for just one color being there. I'd rather suggest you go with a purple > white > purple line if you want to have a thicker stroke, like here: 

DA4WfqU.png

But you're doing good! Keep up the work, try and progress so we have more people doing graphics on rAthena! =]

P.s: The pictures I did are just a quick preview for you so you know what I mean, I hope it was okay to modify your patcher on my end.

xo Daifu

@Daifuku Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I used inner shadows on the buttons and don't know much about editing. Thanks for the suggestions. I really appreciate it! :) I will try to do your suggestions and update my post :) 

PS: I am a fan of your collections.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  73

Can't wait for the update! :]
And that's nice to hear ~