November Digest 2015

Aleos

• Group:  Development Manager
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  732

November Digest 2015
The following digest covers the month of November, 2015.

Staff Changes

• None

Development Highlights

• CORE:
    • Fixed Neutral Barrier and Stealth Field not staying with the player through warp portals on the same map (a7b8fd4)
    • Updated Exeed Break damage formula (a7b8fd4)
    • Updated Renewal Cast Time Formula (10fcd20)
    • Fixed Silent Breeze not casting correctly (2afaac8)
    • Updated the list of skills that can be copied by Reproduce. Added: Dark Claw, Tetra Vortex, Summon Fire/Lightning/Water/Water/Stone, Magma Eruption, Illusion Doping, and Rapid Throw (2afaac8)
    • Added two new options to the Pincode System to try and follow official behavior (085cd98)
    • Fixed an issue with ammo type fail message for bows and guns (a7b8fd4)
    • Added a check for skill_require_db parsing to skip requirements on invalid item IDs (a7b8fd4)
    • Updated the way HP is displayed for dead characters (c2f8dec)
    • Corrected Zenkai duration (af60b28)
    • Fixed an issue with SC_INCCRI not setting the proper rate (af60b28)
    • Added full support for clients up to 2015-05-03 (d2d1fd2)
    • Corrected VIP drop chance rates (002f321)
  • SCRIPT:
    • Implemented the Novice Academy (2b5332a)
    • Moved a few NPC out of Wolfchev Laboratory that were not part of the instance (644341a)
    • Corrected Eden Instructor dialog (d46cf4b)
  • OTHERS:
    • Added missing maps to pre-renewal (5b5fb1a)
    • Corrected some issues and expanded upon the Unit Controller script commands (e276970)
    • Large CPPCheck cleanup (09ddcdf)
    • Alphabetized the SQL tables (219c034)
    • Dead players can now be jailed (85971d6)
    • Updated atcommand documentation (bdd6ea6)
    • Fixed an issue in the SQL upgrade script when converting negative card values (d22eb43)
    • Fixed an issue with new headgears that give visual effects not clearing when status expires (8c6b720)
    • Updated the script command documentation (7fcd0f5, 5695dc5)
    • Added support for MSVS 2015 (1d60228, a2270aa, c68680a, 86d6113)
    • Fixed getexp command giving 1 exp with 0 value (5695dc5)
    • Disabled the rAthena Stat Reporter by default (0ffeec0)

Statistics

• 10 authors have pushed 70 commits during this period.
  • On master, 103 files have changed.
  • There have been 21,627 additions and 2,937 deletions.
  • There are 9 merged Pull Requests and 3 Proposed Pull Requests.
  • There are 24 new Issues and 54 Closed Issues.

/no1Show your support to rAthena by submitting your Issue or Pull Requests! /mail

[spoiler=You can help us too! (Yes, YOU! :D)]Currently rAthena uses GitHub Issues to handle bugs, server crash, pull requests, etc..
Most of the reports are fine, but some posts on our GitHub Issues are lacking of information needed to identify the possible cause, therefore it will make the dev to ask the same questions over and over again.
So, I'm here to show you a small tutorial on how to improve rAthena's GitHub Issues ^^

First of all, it will helps the devs a lot if the issue reporter put decent information on the top of the report.
You can copy paste the text below, and put it on top of your report:
[spoiler=GitHub Header Format]

Git Hash/Date: 
Client Date: 
Server Mode: Pre-RE/Renewal
Source/Script Mods: 
Descriptions:
How To Replicate:

Now I will explain what does the above lines means.
- Git Hash/Date = It means the referrence for each commits in GitHub, it can be used to identify which code has been changed/added. If you can't provide the Git Hash, at least you can use the date where you pulled/clone the repository. If you are still using SVN (which is not recommended anymore), you can provide the Revision Number instead.
[spoiler=Here I will show you how to get your current Git Hash]x7l4OgY.png
1. Open up your Command Line Prompt' if you are on Windows, or 'Terminal' if you are on Linux. Navigate to your repository folder. For example if your rAthena folder is on F:\Folder\rAthena and currently you are on C:\, then you can type F:(enter)cd folder\rathena(enter). If your folder name contains space, enclose your folder name inside the "".
After you navigate to your repository folder, type: git show
(Actually you can use another commands like: git rev-parse HEAD or git rev-parse --short HEAD)
2. You will see your current Git Hash number which can be pasted using the short version (only it's first 7 characters).
For example: 5a0f8dc12ae1d0b2c3bf0a9fecc085719a28622b can be safely written as 5a0f8dc.
3. On the screenshot, I used a Git application (SmartGit), and it shows the same Git Hash number like the one on Command Line Prompt. There are lots of Git applications available, you can use whichever you want.
4. "master <3 origin" here is not "master loves origin" /... D:
It means that currently my local repo is '3 commits behind' from the master repo. In other words, someone has pushed some new commits (in this case, 3 commits) and I haven't pulled/fetch them. If I made some modification on my local repo but haven't pushed my commit to the master repo, it means that my local repo is 'ahead' of master repo.
5. Those dots are the commits details which is already pushed to the master repo.
6. HEAD means our 'current local repo'.

After reading the above explanations, I hope that no one will use the word 'latest git/hash/version/revision' anymore, because it's incorrect and confusing /hum

- Client Date = Put with the client date you are using.
- Server Mode: Pre-RE/Renewal = Choose one, by deleting the unneeded one.
- Source/Script Mods = If you ever edited or applied some diffs from other sources, or you have edited the corresponding script, please describe it here. Because sometimes the report is invalid because of this reason.
- Descriptions = Describe your report here, if it's a server crash or compilation warning (or the others), please include the screenshot or the debug data too.
- How To Replicate = If you can, please describe on how to replicate the bugs you found, so it can be identified easier.

We are thankful if all issue reporters could follow the above format. /ok

• Upvote 4

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  545

• Added full support for clients up to 2015-05-03 (d2d1fd2)

This is exciting. Wonder what this will turn up moving forwards.  /ho 

All around great work guys.

Regards,

~Azura Skyy

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  383

Good Job @Aleos!