Paid Downloads & Admin Activity

Akkarin

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3122

Hey guys,

Just a quick announcement to keep everyone in the loop; the staff have been discussing IP.Downloads and the Paid File feature for a while now, and we have come to a decision that the feature will be phased out. We will not be approving any more paid file uploads, and any that currently exist will vanish when we remove the feature entirely. The cut-off date for this is currently unknown, but will likely be before the end of this weekend. Payouts are still being processed.

Having little time during my days to adequately perform administrative duties brings me to the next point: Admins. While I've been saying to our current staff over the last 6 months that we need additional Admins and Managers, no names have yet been put forward, despite some of our team constantly telling me that we need more managers/admins. I'm making this need public in the hope that someone will step up to the plate and return the forums to a hive of activity. Everyone should be made aware that all applications for any position of staff should be made via the Staff Applications page. Maki and myself are looking to step down into the Supporting Admin role, so we will be on-hand to coach successful applicants to the Admin role in our setup, which is a lot more complex than just an installation of IPB on a webserver.

Further to my statement regarding my inactivity, I would greatly appreciate it if rAthena forum users refrained from encroaching on my private life in the form of harassment via Facebook, email, twitter and my tumblr accounts. For those that have been keeping an eye on my Facebook profile, you may well have seen the health issues I have, and will continue to face as things progress. If you have, then you should understand when I ask everyone to please stop.

On a lighter note, I hope everyone is enjoying their summer :)

• Upvote 6

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192

Why is having paid files a bad idea?

Just to add, as there is clearly a shortage of managers and admins so is the pool of players. Seems like RO is really starting to phase out. :(

Edited by Isaiah

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  153

Just to add, as there is clearly a shortage of managers and admins so is the pool of players. Seems like RO is really starting to phase out. :(

I dont think RO is starting to phase out. Just passing through a bad phase, brother. I think, with a little patience, ideas in development will make RO rise again.

• Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2192

Having Paid Files stinks to be honest. It causes nothing but hassle just for a little return in the end. Now, if you're a community like IPB, then it isn't such a bad idea.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  386

Awesome update. I'm glad to see paid files disappearing. 

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  185

So what about current Pending Payout Request?

I wait few months :(

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  10013

@Sanasol

Hey guys,

Just a quick announcement to keep everyone in the loop; the staff have been discussing IP.Downloads and the Paid File feature for a while now, and we have come to a decision that the feature will be phased out. We will not be approving any more paid file uploads, and any that currently exist will vanish when we remove the feature entirely. The cut-off date for this is currently unknown, but will likely be before the end of this weekend. Payouts are still being processed.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  185

@Sanasol

Hey guys,

blind :D

already found this topic https://rathena.org/board/topic/102236-payouts/page-3

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  192

I dont think RO is starting to phase out. Just passing through a bad phase, brother. I think, with a little patience, ideas in development will make RO rise again.

It's been so hard to keep the players hooked to the game. There's only so much updates we admins can do to spice up the game. Yet the decline in population has been drastic.

But yea sorry OFFtopic!

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2192

Lets all change the game engine to make it look like ToS! Whose in!?!?!

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3122

Lets all change the game engine to make it look like ToS! Whose in!?!?!

Closing this topic before staff from elsewhere leave any other ridiculous and unhelpful comments.

Also off-topic: Your previous lord and master tooted about us being unprofessional on your board, but you're now doing it in my announcement threads.

/hmm

• Upvote 3