Change Monster Level by percentage option

nakano15

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  102

Hey there guys, I have a request, beside I kind of ask myself why no one thought about this before, I were looking forward trying to make a mid rate server (Max Level 255) just to see how would end up into.

Beside there is a script to change the monster max health by certain percent, it seems like there is not a configuration to change the monster level by a percentage.

So I'd like to ask someone to do this system, because it would be awesome and also implement challenge to servers (depending on the server owner).

The option would be at conf/battle/monster.conf, would even change the monsters status to fit the level (kind of like what happens when place ",level" after the name of the monster on permanent spawners).

Let's say for example, if the monster is level 87, and original Ragnarok Online max level is 130, that monster would have around 66% of level that the monster have, but if I make the level percentage be 196% (scaled to Level 255), the monster would be around level 170, which would means that it would be a challenge even on max level.

So, could someone implement a system like this on the emulator?

2 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1443

Are you using an SQL monster database? If so it would be quite easy using a query. But would you want all mob stats to scale as well or just the level?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  102

All status of the monster have to scale with the level too.

It's because since the server would be high rate, I thought that would make it fair if the monsters would also have scaled levels and status to make it still be challenging, differently of most privates where player gets ultra high levels to solo mvps.

Edited by nakano15