Kyrellia

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21

Hey o/

I've made a map... so far, so good.

I could log in into to map for like 1 min >.< then i got the  "servername.dll" error ... when im trying to warp on the map with another char or try use the same that is on the map, it gives me right the error >.<

what have i done? T_T

(i havent used any custom items or something like that) D:

before it crashed the ground was also buggy >_< aaand i dont know why... look where the mouse is and where i can click /swt

http://www11.pic-upload.de/16.04.15/u3vxpxewsy4q.jpg

please help me q_q

this map is cursed ...

Edited by Kyrellia

9 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  403

The cursor/ground bug can be resolved by re-patching your map in map-cache when it's 100% completed. By this I mean that the gats should have also been properly set. Right now, it's calculating the wrong height/gat ratio.

The servername.dll bug sounds like you're using something that was protected with Secure GRF, but I may be mistaken. Unfortunately it's difficult to provide a solution for this without further details.

The cursor/ground bug can be resolved by re-patching your map in map-cache when it's 100% completed. By this I mean that the gats should have also been properly set. Right now, it's calculating the wrong height/gat ratio.

The servername.dll bug sounds like you're using something that was protected with Secure GRF, but I may be mistaken. Unfortunately it's difficult to provide a solution for this without further details.

sorry i have almost no idea what you're talking about :c 

i've started mapping like 1 week ago only...

• Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  403

sorry i have almost no idea what you're talking about :c 

i've started mapping like 1 week ago only...

Ah, I see. Well, you've made great progress for someone that only has 1 week of experience! :)

I strongly recommend you to take a look at Syouji's tutorials, in this particular case his Gat Editing video. Things should become more clear then.

ive watched it but it didnt helped me with this problem :c

the gats seems to be fine for me in browedit >.<

(but as u have seen on the first screen in game.......... well)

http://www11.pic-upload.de/16.04.15/crted33kgd2.jpg

also im crashing at this point and have no idea why ~ also the whole right side >.<

http://www11.pic-upload.de/16.04.15/9skdpvei4fz.jpg

its just so frustrating... im trying this since days and still that stupid error T_T i just want to cry xD

Edited by Kyrellia

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  659

For more info on the gat part : https://rathena.org/wiki/Custom_Maps#Db_Folder

And you'll want to use WeeMapCache to edit the mapcache : https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/weetools/trunk/WeeMapCache/ , that part should help with the gat issues ingame.

I can think of a few possible errors that would crash you : invalid map size in the mapcache, bad models, missing textures, corrupted map, ...! Check the console in BrowEdit for possible errors, it might be helpful! If you really can't fix it, you could always upload your map so that we can locate the issue ourselves.

Edit : about the servername.dll error, can you take a screenshot of this? I've never seen that error before. You can Ctrl-C to copy the content of the error as well.

Edited by Tokei

um.... ya ive understood like 30% of what u wrote here haha xD" sorry >.<

mm... i cant find anything in my broweidt folder that is called "'map_index.txt"

and heres a pic of the error

http://www11.pic-upload.de/17.04.15/mpzdqjq1ntm.jpg

hm is it possible that maps can overlap?

ive copy pasted mine into an already existing map (45x45) o.o

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  659

Alright, well the aeva.dll issue is something specific to your server; you'd have to ask the person who created your server what this is. This DLL is not normally present.

Do you have access to the server files? You need edit the following server-side to add new maps : 

conf/maps_athena.conf  (not necessary since you are overwriting an existing map)

db/map_index.txt  (not necessary since you are overwriting an existing map)

db/(pre-)re/map_cache.dat   (<- most important one really, you have to restart the server afterwards too I believe)

Alright, well the aeva.dll issue is something specific to your server; you'd have to ask the person who created your server what this is. This DLL is not normally present.

Do you have access to the server files? You need edit the following server-side to add new maps : 

conf/maps_athena.conf  (not necessary since you are overwriting an existing map)

db/map_index.txt  (not necessary since you are overwriting an existing map)

db/(pre-)re/map_cache.dat   (<- most important one really, you have to restart the server afterwards too I believe)

oki thanks, ill tell this the owner ö.ö 

i really hope it fixes the problem q_q 

well.... somehow i managed to fix it ... ive pasted the map into my first made that ive done (that didnt had any errors<.<) and it worked o_o

idk what it was... but now i have also a .location for the "buggy" map ~ maybe it was this? still no idea what its for but im glad its fixed lol