Toggle for loot search type: closest vs 'random'

Cydh

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2285

I assume people notice the "new" way how looter find a floor item to be looted. As this commit e6caa95 the loot search is changed to make looters loot floor items randomly with "the longest item in the floor".

And as this issue Issue:#223, u can try it yourself (I just tested when was playing with ET, killing Porings at 1st floor randomly). It looks so ugly, and makes looter so stupid. "Why the hell u try to loot item that far away from u?".

As @Playtester said, it's official behavior. Admit it, we cannot against it.

but here, what do u think if we add config to turn it on (new/official loot search) and when it's off it uses 'old' loot search?

Back again, the 'old' way has been on emulator for long time ago, and no complain about it, and the way that will make new complain, like "I fine with the old behavior, it's look better even not official".

PS: even it says 'random', this line make it "hey, I got target for looting, I'll pick it. I have to reach it first... *Poring walks* I'm here, but wait, there's floor item that older than my current target, I should pick it *Poring walks again.. and so on...*"

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1546

It's a good idea that rAthena have its own way, of course we follow what official server do..

But com'on we have some good idea's too that official dont have so.. making this on and off as Cydh said..

It's good!

• Group:  Development Manager
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  732

I see no problem with it. There's plenty of configs to revert things how *Athena has had stuff setup for years before the official implementation was added.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2997

I agree, a config seems like a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2285

there there 3028c871

• Upvote 1