Browedit Manager [v0151]

Nuckelavee

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22

Hi again, i bring this tool to my fellow mappers out there!.

Browedit Manager [v0151]

~Download~ (Mediafire)

~Download~ (Dropbox)

~Download~ (Mega)

Usage:

Just uncompress to any folder and read the following manual:

xSuvBiP.png sUmcFVl.png ymiE4Ra.png GGTESlV.png 4HRYiRj.png

Changes on 0.151:

- Added save last settings used function for "Add Custom Texture" and "Add Custom Model".

- Implemented "View Files" buttons for fast access to custom files.

- Implemented "Add Custom Model".

- Fixed a couple of minor bugs, added workfiles to avoid the basic missing textures/models messages, running through settings again will fix this!.

Changes on 0.141:

- Fixed a couple of bugs with add custom texture functions.

Changes on 0.14:

I changed a couple of icons of the editor:

4coKeEL.png Q6ykgfz.pngJzbsM6S.png

Lightning                     Sounds                     Effects

- Added Some new colors to Background/No Tile selection!.

- Implemented Categories/Subcategories in Add Custom Texture!.

Main Menu

Build Version: Select the Version of Browedit to Launch.(I only bundled the 2 versions i use, 586 and 620, i don't think you'll need anything else.)

Start Browedit: Launch the selected Version of Browedit!.(Requires to run through settings first!)

Open (RO Directory): Open the RO Directory that was setup on the Settings window!.(Requires to run trough settings first!)

Settings: Sends you to Settings Window!.(Required to run this program!)

Add Custom Texture: Sends you to Add Custom Texture Window!.(Requires to run through settings first!)

Exit Manager: Closes Program!.(Doesn't close Browedit Windows!)

Settings

RO Directory: Setup your RO Directory!.(Directory where you have your data.grf and/or rdata.grf as well as choosing the files to be used. )

Background Color: Select the color you want to use as a background inside Browedit!.(Purple (Default)!)

Empty Tile Color: Select the color you want to use for the tiles that have no texture yet inside Browedit!.(Purple (Default)!, Originally was a bright yellow, i recommend to change the default!)

Resolution: Select Browedit's Resolution!.(800x600 (Default)!, I only included resolutions of Power by 2 that i've tested, widescreen resolutions tend to glitch!)

Camera Smoothing: Select Browedit's Camera Smoothing value!.(0.6 (Default)!, I tried a lot of variants but i cannot tell much difference about this, i recommend to leave at default.!)

Save Files And Return: Saves the changes you made to Settings and returns to Main Menu window!.(After this, buttons on the Main Menu will be available!.)

Add Custom Texture

RO Directory: Shows you the current RO directory in use by browedit!.

Texture Sub-Folder: Type the sub-folder you want to use in the RO directory (if you select Copy to Texture to RO Folder the sub-folder will be created if it doesn't exist!)

Copy Texture to RO Folder: Copies your new texture file to your RO Directory!.(By default it's unchecked assuming your new texture is already on data\texture\!)

Texture Directory: Browse for your new texture!.(By default it'll show you your RO directory, if you have your new texture somewhere else, be sure to check Copy Texture to RO Folder!)

Texture ID Name: Specify an ID Name for your new texture!.(By default it copies your filename, Uncheck Same Name if you want to change the ID Name!)

Category Name: Specify a Main Category inside browedit's texture browser! (Case Sensitive!!, custom by default).

Sub-Category Name: Specify a Sub-Category for your Main Category inside browedit's texture browser! (Case Sensitive!!)

Engage!: Processes your new texture!.(Adds it to Browedit and copies to RO Directory if choosen!)

Return to Main Menu!: Returns you to Main Menu!.

Add New Map

Map Dimensions: Select the dimensions of your new map! (the map aspect is shown in the image above!).

Map Name: Type your new map name! (There are server-side/client limitations!).

Engage!: Processes your new map!.

Add Custom Model

Model Sub-Folder: Type the sub-folder you want to use in the RO directory (if you select Copy Model to RO Folder the sub-folder will be created if it doesn't exist!)

Model Directory: Browse for your new model!.(By default it'll show you your RO directory, if you have your new model somewhere else, be sure to check Copy Model to RO Folder!)

Category Name: Specify a Main Category inside browedit's model browser! (Case Sensitive!!, custom by default).

Sub-Category Name: Specify a Sub-Category for your Main Category inside browedit's model browser! (Case Sensitive!!)

Engage!: Processes your new custom model!.

Notes:

Removed the ugly Hamtaro almost from everywhere! and replaced it with a cutter Poring chewing a pencil!

Contains 2 working revisions of Browedit (And plugins) within the package, 586 (which i personally use to Map) and 620 (which i only use to automatic gat calculation).

It's probable i'll post Video tutorials on how to use these 2 revisions in order to achieve similar Gravity's quality maps sometime in the future!.

As you well know, you cannot create new maps from scratch from Browedit, it's neccesary to look for an already existing map with the desired dimensions, clean it and then start mapping, the function Add New Map saves you that trouble as i added a pack of several different clean maps from where to pick from!.

Copyright Notes:

This tool only helps mappers to manage their Borf's Browedit settings, i'm in NO way claiming intellectual or physical or whatever crap over this program!!, for all intends and purposes this program is just an Add On to Browedit!.

As always, Leave your suggestions and opinions!.

Enjoy~!

~Nuckelavee

Edited by Nuckelavee
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

• Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  403

This looks really nice. Great job and thanks for sharing! I'll be sure to try it out. ;)

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  545

Awesome! Love seeing new tools get posted. I'll certainly be testing this out this week.

Thanks in advance,
~Azura Skyy

• 3 years later...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5

Hi, can anybody help me to fix this? Browedit manager don't read lasagna and rockridge models, it looks like this:browedit.thumb.jpg.64b2d15faebccc57386fa2c72e37d8aa.jpg

• 1 year later...

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  134

O M G /abs
I've just found out that this exists >_>
Thanks ; w ;  /lv