Help! Legacy TXT eAthena user looking to run a new server

darkice420

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1

Hey guys, hoping someone here can help me out. Back in the early 2000's I ran what I now believe to be a pre-compiled version of eAthena, for many years. I have never used SQL or GIT or anything before, so I'm a bit lost. I'm trying to run a new server, and of course I am looking to run the latest version of Ragnarok Online Renewal, so I can see all the new features they've implemented in the years since I've been gone.

In an ideal world, I'm looking to find a working precompiled TXT version of rAthena, but it seems that there are no TXT servers anymore. If a TXT server is possible, I would really like to know! So far I have downloaded an old pre-compiled eAthena server that I was configuring.. before researching and finding out rAthena is the new one. I grabbed a pre-compiled rAthena here ( http://forum.ragezone.com/f576/tribalists-pre-compiled-rathena-compilation-843443/ ) However this seems to be SQL only. At this point should I be downloading Visual Studio to compile? Any help/suggestions would be really helpful! Thanks a bunch!

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  317

Hey there. I've used eAthena TXT based when I started. The best place I can point you to would be the Wiki.

For those who are starting up, the guides there would be great. And as soon as you get the hang of things, feel free to ask questions here on the forums.