How can i convert this into Male?

Yonko

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789

Hello so i have this item but the problem is it is applicable only in Female Knight/Lord Knight/Rune Knight Sprites how can i convert this into male also? i tried to find and replace male knight weapon sprites but seems it does not meet due to some basic weapon sprites have less than 6 frames while this got 24 frames thank you =)

sword.zip

8 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  566

The female/male part is controlled in the item's script in item_db.txt:

// Structure of Database:

// ID,AegisName,Name,Type,Buy,Sell,Weight,ATK,DEF,Range,Slots,Job,Class,Gender,Loc,wLV,eLV,Refineable,View,{ Script },{ OnEquip_Script },{ OnUnequip_Script }

The female/male part is controlled in the item's script in item_db.txt:

// Structure of Database:

// ID,AegisName,Name,Type,Buy,Sell,Weight,ATK,DEF,Range,Slots,Job,Class,Gender,Loc,wLV,eLV,Refineable,View,{ Script },{ OnEquip_Script },{ OnUnequip_Script }

Hi thank you for the comment seems my item_db structure on that item are both enable for male and female the problems is that sprites are align properly only on females when i use it on male character the weapon sprites appears to be on female the sword are not align to the hand of the male character.

Edited by Yonko

So, the weapon sprite shows up when you equip in on a male character? Could you provide a screen shot in-game?

ohhh ok since i didn't have my laptop infront of me i try to do an example using RMS Simulator wait i'll make example on Mobile Photoshop (coz i used tablet)

EDIT: This is looks like, seems the .act file is are generally focus on female sprite even i change the name from ¿© to ³² 

post-3976-0-08336100-1407687944_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yonko

Yeah, it's the act. The act is not done properly for the male class. There's couple of ways you can fix this:

1. You can edit the act using Actor to fit the sword with the male class.

Or

2. You can take an existing weapon sprite & act for the male class and replace the images in that sprite with the one you have ( you will have to edit the angles and such according to the sprite you've taken).

Yeah, it's the act. The act is not done properly for the male class. There's couple of ways you can fix this:

1. You can edit the act using Actor to fit the sword with the male class.

Or

2. You can take an existing weapon sprite & act for the male class and replace the images in that sprite with the one you have ( you will have to edit the angles and such according to the sprite you've taken).

Ok thank you for the Tips but seems its hard to do it on male btw i'll try thank you!

Edit: #1 how should i do it on actor?

This guide covers on how to use Actor. But the second option i gave you is much easier than dealing with actor.

• Get an existing weapon sprite from the male class. For example: The normal sword sprite.
  • Using SPR Conview, convert the sprite into BMP. Click here to get SPR Conview
  • Take your custom weapon sprite and do the same in a different folder.
  • Now you have to match the positioning of the sword on your custom weapon bmps with the bmps from the normal sword sprite.
  • Once you are done with all the frames, re-build the sprite using SPR conview > Convert BMP into Sprite.
  • As for the act, take the act from the normal sword sprite and re-name it to your custom.

If the positioning looks the same to you on your sprite and the official, just take the act from the official weapon sprite and you don't even have to go through the above.

• Upvote 1

This guide covers on how to use Actor. But the second option i gave you is much easier than dealing with actor.

• Get an existing weapon sprite from the male class. For example: The normal sword sprite.
  • Using SPR Conview, convert the sprite into BMP. Click here to get SPR Conview
  • Take your custom weapon sprite and do the same in a different folder.
  • Now you have to match the positioning of the sword on your custom weapon bmps with the bmps from the normal sword sprite.
  • Once you are done with all the frames, re-build the sprite using SPR conview > Convert BMP into Sprite.
  • As for the act, take the act from the normal sword sprite and re-name it to your custom.

If the positioning looks the same to you on your sprite and the official, just take the act from the official weapon sprite and you don't even have to go through the above.

Thank you Adel I'll try that =)