Suggestions Again...

Peopleperson49

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

There are a few mod that I think might be good to add. I still can't figure out for the life of me how to do a pull request or I would give that a shot, so I hope the devs understand. Anyways, back to my suggestions.

1. The noitemtrade mapflag that Annie created is actually very useful for limiting use of certain items on the server.
  2. The koe patch that prevents hitting an emperium more than once when created outside of a woe script would be a good addition as people are always complaining about that and incorrectly thinking its a bug. A simple addition and the problem could be fixed for good. I believe that was also created by Annie awhile back and would need updating.
  3. A nice sc effect is sc_repel. First created by goddameit, but never finished or made to work. I paid to have it fixed by somebody else once though and worked fine. When the effect is started all monsters of a lower base level will ignore you even if aggressive, allows you to specifiy normal, boss, mvp, or guardian mobs.
  4. Seeghp is a nice feature that any woe heavy server can use. Its activated through the use of an @ command.
  5. I know its all on Ind since he created a lot of great source mods for script commands, but they are outdated which makes them just sit unused for long time since most people wont pay for a mod just to pay somebody else to update it. With his permission of course I suggest adding his mods. I have already purchased them myself and run into that when I want to continue to use them.
  6. Greenbox created a mod called guildmonster a long time ago, which allowed you to create a mob loyal to a specific guild and its allies. It also prevented a guild from hurting there own mobs. This mod is perfect for the emperium system as well as making custom woe scripts. There are a couple similar mods out there, but with his permission it would be a great addition.

I know this is a lot to take in from one message (especially since I typed it), but this is what the source discussion topic is for... Thanks for reading and I hope others have good feed back! I put links at the bottom for the topics.

Peopleperson49

Noitemtrade

KoE_Patch

See Guild HP

Ind's OnAtkCast

Ind's Bonus Pack 1

Ind's Bonus Pack 2

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1443

Noitemtrade is a great mapflag that should have been added ages ago

The koe patch I'm unsure of it the only one I've never used.

SC repel while unofficial is nice, but it is unofficial so its probably a no go

See guild HP would also be a great addition IMO maybe even make a script command as well

Inds stuff while great I also don't think will be added as its a bit to custom

And lastly greenbox guild mobs would be a very useful addition for events and custom woe

The KoE patch prevents somebody from killing an emperium after they already own it. Works specifically outside of normal WoE scripts. Sc_repel and Ind's mods may be custom items, but they are solid features that don't take away from the emulator in any way. Greenbox's mod goes farther than just custom WoE and event scripts. It would be very useful for actually spawning the emperium for the actual WoE scripts.

Peopleperson49

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  737

1) Noitemtrade that could be usefull but it's kinda the same idea as item_trade.txt (they both restrict item exchange) so instead having a mapflag for this I'd rather have a option for that in this db. Or maybe we could have both so item_trade.txt would stay item specific while the mapflag will prevent anykind of trade?? (not sure yet I just don't like having similar concept into multiple file as it's confusing after..)

Anyway noitemtrade mapflag is a pretty easy src edit with no offi usage yet (I think) so the necesity of us adding this is limited.

(What I really mean is that we could add hundred of mapflag for various reason, so I think we should choose the one that would be the more usefull to not tend to a bloatware. If you understand the mapflag concept, that one is easy enough to not have us to do it for you)

2) Idk what is that, this one look a bit more interesting as it doesn't look as intuitive as adding a mapflag with a restriction on it.

3) Medium difficulty but look really like a addon / mod

4) See guildhp is something I would be ok to add as a battleflag 

5) Need a list to comment it but script and atcommand are imo the the easiest module to start off, (due to low couplage) so that like level 1, we have an infinity of script command that could be added, some may be usefull some bof, if we go to the end all src fonction could somewhat have script equivalent. (So that admin won't have to reboot to apply change etc..). But script are slower then src (always) so in the end it doesn't sound like the solution.

Imo I think we should judge each script command, now if it's a suplement of an existing funciton and that it keep backward then ye go on.

But mostof time anyway if there something thatit's not possible to do it in script actually will add a command tomake it so.

6) This sound like guardian, best would be to revamp monster of guardian command to add parameter to makethem ally or specify their maxhp and such.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply lighta.

1. The problem with item_trade.txt is that it doesn't restict enough. If there was a bitmask option with it to speciffy everything that you might want to restrict it would be nice. Also if you could make your own custom zone that would help to not have to modify the ones already created for one reason or another.
  2. The KoE patch worked perfectly to prevent killing an emperium by the owner. Its a pretty simple mod that prevents a lot of posts that say your koe script is broken I can kill the emperium twice. However if you have the guildmonster script then you could use that instead and this patch is really pointless.
  3. Well the sc_repel mod is already made so it just needs to be added and updated to the latest files if necessary. It doesn't take anything away from the emulator so I figured I would suggest it.
  4. Seeghp is just a nice script that gives advantages to being in a guild, however, a battleflag to restrict it to certain maps (gvg/gvg_castle) actually makes sence!
  5. I know that there are lots of custom scripts out there, but I suggested these for a reason. There solid commands that could be very useful. His mods are bIndOnAtkCast, bIndMatkEvasion, bIndDispellResist, bIndSelfDmgOnSpell, bIndAnkleSnareImmunity, bIndNoNinjaOrbReq, bIndDispellDeflect, bIndHealMaxHPBoost, bIndPerfectDodgeIgnore, bIndAtkElemBoost, bIndAspdLimitIncrease. On attack cast is freaking awesome anyways! For example everytime you do a physiacl attack it casts a skill instead. I made all my rods do fireball on normal attack for casters.
  6. The problem with guardian is that you need all the setdata for it to work. Guildmonster basically works just like monster but the mob cannot hurt somebody in the same guild. You could spawn a guild monster in prontera if you wanted with just the guildmonster command. It would be cool to have the option to specify their health and damage though or just use default.
Edited by Peopleperson49

• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2044

well, I'll answer to my own modification

1) Noitemtrade that could be usefull but it's kinda the same idea as item_trade.txt (they both restrict item exchange) so instead having a mapflag for this I'd rather have a option for that in this db. Or maybe we could have both so item_trade.txt would stay item specific while the mapflag will prevent anykind of trade?? (not sure yet I just don't like having similar concept into multiple file as it's confusing after..)

+1

I actually think about this before, but at that time I don't have enough time to think how to modify the read db function

so I used an easier way to solve this problem

Anyway noitemtrade mapflag is a pretty easy src edit with no offi usage yet (I think) so the necesity of us adding this is limited.

(What I really mean is that we could add hundred of mapflag for various reason, so I think we should choose the one that would be the more usefull to not tend to a bloatware. If you understand the mapflag concept, that one is easy enough to not have us to do it for you)

agree with this,

that's the reason source request/release section exist

2) Idk what is that, this one look a bit more interesting as it doesn't look as intuitive as adding a mapflag with a restriction on it.

well this one is quite tricky

I originally have some idea like making a noattackmob mapflag

but somehow got scrapped because of its unlimited options

something like

prontera    mapflag    noattackmob    1288,guild,$koegid
the guild ID that is same with $koegid can't attack MobID 1288 in prontera

but it still couldn't restrict like skill usage

so I need to make another mapflag like noskillmob ...

and so on and so on

which became just like what you just said, making more and more custom mapflag just for some petty scripts

well, although its still pretty fun to see this in source release section,

which can open up more event script possibilities

but I still against having this implemented inside emulator

no.1 can be lenient a bit if this has been convert into read_db

no.2 is definitely a no-go ... too custom made

EDIT:

something like this

// Structure of Database:
// Item ID, TradeMask,Group Level Override,Map Only Restriction

// can't trade pvp skull in any way while being in prontera
7420,507,100,prontera	// Skull
Edited by AnnieRuru

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  121

See Guild HP

Ind's OnAtkCast

Ind's Bonus Pack 1

Ind's Bonus Pack 2

i agree on this btw somewhere there was a way bigger bonus packs on eathena

make src and scripts edits i suppose or just src

Thanks Annie for the reply. I really don't think that adding another mapflag would be the best answer either, but it would cover the hole that is there for restricting all types of item uses. Merging the item_trade.txt, mapflag/restriction.txt, and item_noequiip.txt would be the best way to go about it. You could even replace the Flag with the actual map which then eliminates the need for several files that all perform similar functons.

// Forbidden Items Database
// Defines restrictions on equipment, items, and cards in a given map or mapflag.
//
// Structure of Database:
// ItemID,Flag/Map,Type,Group Level Override
//
// Legend for 'Flag' field (bitmask):
// 1    - restricted in normal maps
// 2    - restricted in PVP
// 4    - restricted in GVG
// 8    - restricted in Battlegrounds
// Legend for 'Type' field (bitmask):
// 1   - consumed/used/worn
// 2   - item can't be dropped
// 4   - item can't be traded (nor vended)
// 8   - wedded partner can override restriction 2
// 16   - item can't be sold to npcs
// 32  - item can't be placed in the cart
// 64  - item can't be placed in the storage
// 128  - item can't be placed in the guild storage
// 256 - item can't be attached to mail
// 512 - item can't be auctioned
//
// Examples:
// 1201,1,1,50   // Knife can't be worn on normal maps
// 1201,prontera,1,50   // Knife can't be worn in prontera
// 608,4,1,50    // Yggdrasil Seed can't be consumed in both GvG and WoE Castles
// 608,4,7,50    // Yggdrasil Seed can't be consumed, dropped, or traded in both GvG and WoE Castles
// 4174,6,1,50   // Deviling Card has no effect in every PVP or GVG map, and during WoE
Edited by Peopleperson49