#1 Jman

Jman

I AM INVINCIBLE!

• Community Contributors
  • 956 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hello,

For those of you just tuning in, we have a few announcements to make.

Development:
For the immediate future and about 2 weeks out, we will be flying without our Core Development Manager, Ind. He has decided that he needs a much needed vacation and we let him take it (actually, we didn't have much of a choice, his family dragged him with). For any immediate core development needs, please contact Epoque if something requires immediate decision making in Ind's absence. We expect Ind's return within 2-3 weeks.

~Removal of TXT saving, as of r15503
The development team has finalized the removal of TXT account/character saving engine in the source, this means that compiling 'TXT' rAthena is no longer possible. Please note that this does not effect the databases (such as item_db, mob_db, etc.) as server owners will still have a decision whether those are TXT based (in the /db/ folder) or SQL based. This change was done to facilitate faster development. TXT compiles slower and creates overhead for the development team to maintain two storage methods in the source. We feel this will significantly speed up development of the core aspects of rAthena.

~Splitting of /db/ into pre-RE and RE files, as of r15390
In this revision, the development team has split the /db/ folder to better allow the organization of database files that apply to renewal mechanics and not. This should make it easier to find what you need depending on the mechanics of your choosing.

Administration Changes:
As you may have noticed, Maki has left us to go to BCT for the United States Army. We will miss him dearly. His member group has been changed to Community Contributor for this period of time to quell any security concerns in case his account is hi-jacked. There is no need to replace him at this time unless Brian feels it necessary to get some help. Maki will of course be welcome back to his position when he returns from his Training.

Forum Changes:
As you can see, the downloads section has returned. Any giant bugs or issues with anything, please address them to the attention of myself and we will get them resolved. The Paid Files will remain offline for now until our PayPal situation is resolved. I opened up a savings account for US Bank, took out $50 to get us started so we can link it to my PayPal, and now they don't have any record of an account being opened, but yet they still took my money. I'm working with them for that, but for now, as our PayPal prevents us from sending money without an account or credit card linked, the Paid Downloads will stay offline. Once the bank gets back to me about the situation, we'll be moving right along in that area. Sorry for the inconvenience.

We have also added OnNPlay to our forum moderation team as the Indonesian/Malaysian forum moderator, which was just newly created.

Arcenciel has been promoted to Global Moderator as his activity and willingness to take care of things on the forums is just awesome.

I believe that is about it. Let me know any concerns or questions you have.

Thanks!

#2 Eiphes

Eiphes

Crouching Tiger Hidden Drag Queen

• Community Contributors
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

<3!

#3 Zwei

Zwei

Poporing

• Members