#1 Jman

Jman

I AM INVINCIBLE!

• Community Contributors
  • 959 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hi all,

The administration was just made aware of a major bug which effects the security of the downloads system. There are also bugs that effect the cosmetic aspect of the system but are not quite as serious. These bugs have to do primarily with the way we're storing files over an FTP connection (and possibly how the add-on was installed in the first place).

As such, we have taken the downloads system offline for the interim. We need to switch the way that we storage of our files, but this is incredibly difficult with the way our system is already bugged (many files are missing from FTP already and cannot be recovered due to one of the bugs).

We will make every reasonable attempt to save files that have already been uploaded, but if you've uploaded a file, you may just have to reupload it once we get our system reinstalled. We'll keep you posted in this topic the outcome of this once we know more.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that we can get the issue resolved quickly and with the least amount of lost files as possible.

We hope to have the downloads system online again by the end of the weekend, but please understand if we do not.

Thanks.

#2 Jman

Jman

I AM INVINCIBLE!

• Community Contributors
  • 959 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

UPDATE: We are working on a script that can convert the files uploaded to our FTP storage to local storage. We are at the mercy of the folks down at IPB, so when we learn something, we'll be able to get the Downloads back online as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your paitience.

#3 Jman

Jman

I AM INVINCIBLE!

• Community Contributors
  • 959 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:22 AM

Hi all,

Second update: We're just putting the finishing touches on the system. It should be back online by tomorrow CST (About 12 or so hours).

Thanks again for your patience.

#4 Jman

Jman

I AM INVINCIBLE!

• Community Contributors
  • 959 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

Downloads are now back online!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users