• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4

Looking forward to test this :)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  32

Depending on how this project turns out it might be possible to use it on Harmony equipped servers. The current version looks promising, but there is alot of stuff that needs to be addressed before this project can be used in production.

@KeyWorld: Is there an email address I can use for private inquiries? I sent an email to [email protected] last week, but it seems like this address isn't in use. :)

• Content Count:  24

Haven't seen this in the ws site. Sounds good. Maybe we'll say dual tab instead of dual client if this is completed.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  379

Well at the same time you probly wouldn't want to use the same encryption method anyway they use UPX encryption which is why it gives false positives with antivirus but if you made your own would be better in that sense something that simply packs data clients might be useful for people who want there customs safe. And of course something that doesn't set off antivirus on false positives would keep it user friendly. But it looks really good anyhow something needs to kill runescape anyways lol. The other thing I was wondering is you mentioned that it requires a good connection does that mean that the game over all require's higher system requirements and if so what does it require?

And also RSM wise is the structure the same and does it use the same limits or is the creation of new models different. Example

within the normal game client if you go over 5,000 poly's within a model it starts to have texture problems and if you go over 7,000 vertical textures the model causes you to crash because the game rendering wasn't ment to go so high (besides the fact it takes longer to load more lag within game too)

The problem (as mentioned in the first post) is Javascript, yeah I can use it to encrypt files/packets etc. but... It's javascript : it's not compile, I can pack/obfuscate it but it's easily to extract and get the encryption method with just some minutes/seconds.

I mentioned that it required a good connection because all things are download from my host, put after in cache to avoid download them again, but you have to download it (that's why I worked on alternative as my javascript GRF Viewer to read GRF directly from player computer).

Otherwise it required just a recent browser (just Chrome only for moment, but I'm working on Firefox 8.0 that do some impressive works with their latest update) and a up to date GPU (that support OpenGL ES 2.0).

I try do to the maximum of stuff in GPU to have a better framerate because javascript is slow.

About RSM files, no limitation, just a GPU question (about RSM, I don't support animation and opacity for moment).

Depending on how this project turns out it might be possible to use it on Harmony equipped servers. The current version looks promising, but there is alot of stuff that needs to be addressed before this project can be used in production.

@KeyWorld: Is there an email address I can use for private inquiries? I sent an email to [email protected] last week, but it seems like this address isn't in use. :)

About Harmony it's the same think I talked in this post, It's easy to extract the extraction code from javascript, so if roBrowser work on Harmony server, Bots will extract the encryption part of my code to able to connect.

You can contact me on [email protected], a long time I don't check the other mail (I should put a redirection on it...)

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  32

About Harmony it's the same think I talked in this post, It's easy to extract the extraction code from javascript, so if roBrowser work on Harmony server, Bots will extract the encryption part of my code to able to connect.

Yea, I'm aware of the problems. You can always exclude browser players from WoE or only allow them in cities -- there are plenty of possibilities. :)

Thanks for the mail address!

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  122

wOW, Its nice.. /oh

• Content Count:  22

Awesome , Looking forward to test this . :o

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  277

Wow I just noticed those little pictures were videos...

I wish you would cast more skills, like checking latency issues. Maybe it is possible to play rag on a ipad after all xD

I support this idea, keep it up!!!

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  65

wow!! nice :o

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  12

Very interesting and promising projects....

Looking forward to this too...

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  6

Forgot all about this ever since the switch to rAthena! Luckily your post from the mini-bio topic in Introductions, lead me here,

Amazing progress Keyworld, can safely say your an inspiration to many people. For what it's worth, I've added a link to your project website.

Keep it up!

• Content Count:  47

I love it =)

So, you're basically doing an OpenSource client, since anyone can see javascripts and decompile the Flash and Java things?

What about server-dependent files, such as custom maps and sprites, how they will work?

Looking foward to this project. It may not have the best performance yet due to browsers limitations, but I believe it's gonna work =)

@edit

Can't you disable fonts anti-aliasing? The official behavior is to disable it. This will probably make the game a little faster =)

Edited by Vianna

• Content Count:  241

I love it =)

So, you're basically doing an OpenSource client, since anyone can see javascripts and decompile the Flash and Java things?

What about server-dependent files, such as custom maps and sprites, how they will work?

Looking foward to this project. It may not have the best performance yet due to browsers limitations, but I believe it's gonna work =)

@edit

Can't you disable fonts anti-aliasing? The official behavior is to disable it. This will probably make the game a little faster =)

It doesn't necessarily mean Open-Source, because there will be some server side codes.

and also , you are not able to read obfuscated / minified / packed javascript. , In theory you can decompile it but it won't be easy :)

The project will be opensource (and is already on a private svn), here some reasons :

- I don't think I will work on this project all my life, so put it on open-source is a good choice if the community want to continue my work.

- All I know about RO is taken from open-source projects (and investigations) : eathena, openkore, ...

- I'm working with open-source language : javascript, php, html(5) (except for the part with java and flash, but it's a small part of the code and I can't remove them from the project).

- Because I want and I'm sure a lot of people want to have the source :)

The online version will be packed (javascript) to reduce the weight of the scripts (and don't required to download ~70 javascript files).

About the font, yeah I will disable the anti-alias, I see some hack to set off this option on wekbit and firefox (no idea about opera).

So now about the updates... There is no news right now, I don't really touch the code, I don't have the time this month with all anniversaries and celebrations and I look after my girl friend :)

So here the updates I will look at in future :

-> add again the palette system (for sprite) in the shader and smooth it.

-> Clean up a big part of the code (for releasing) and add comments.

-> working on a texture alias system to speed up the render.

-> investigate on the light object system (light store in RSW files).

-> render item object on ground

-> Fix a bug on Firefox with the loading

I will recruit some guys soon.

Thanks for all comments :(

• Content Count:  241

Thats good to hear :)

• Content Count:  7

This is honestly amazing. Don't know about here, but I'm sure there are many web enthusiasts who would enjoy reading a little about the development process and hearing your thoughts on HTML5 in general once it's ready for release. I don't think many have gone this far with WebGL yet. Could probably even hit Slashdot if you wanted :)

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  318

Don't give up on this project! I would love to see this come through <3. But yes, take it easy when you're busy ;D. I still think it's amazing that you got it this far =D.

Can't wait to see the final project and try it out!

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  192

Great project!

But i really wonder....

what about all the private servers?

I mean... i don't know any private server which has NO custom content implemented.

which means, your system will be missing that whole content such as custom headgears, npcs etc...

is your robrowser only meant to be available for official servers or what's your idea behind that?

or are you going to add a feature so server owners can upload their own client so it's fully supported?

if that's the case then i would gladly be one of those chosen ones, as i guess you won't be able to store too much :D

OR

was it planned to release your whole project to the public so we could implement this on OUR website?

i wonder why no one ever asked these questions xD

I guess at the very end it's really just for testing a server, since i can imagine how much traffic this would cause.

But i would be glad to collaborate together.

Edited by Everade

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1245

He stated that this project will be open source, so I would imagine the community would work together to build a customizable browser based server.

sry, missed that one ^^

And i guess you mean a browser based client, not server.

But that does answer a few of my questions already.

However.... that's seriously awesome, can't wait.

Edited by Everade

I added a function to launch robrowser in your website and add your own settings:

roBrowser.run({
width:  640,
height: 480,
popup: false, // if true run in a popup, if false run in your website in the current dom element
BGM:   true,
sound: true,
host: 'localhost:6900', // if no specify show two onglets "host-port" and "user-pass"
allow_fullscreen: true,
grf:  'http://grf.robrowser.fr/en/' // host where is the grf path
});

The grf host is customizable, so you can add your own grf with your customs (required a php class to search in grf and convert some files (bmp->png and tga->png).) that will save me bandwidth (even if I will create different host with different ip to reduce usage).

And as I said before, open-source !

I work also on a JAVA script to read local GRF files (in the player computer), the HTML5 FileSystem is a little buggy (for moment ?) with huge file.

• Upvote 3

That's simply amazing.

I'm looking forward to this.

• Content Count:  5

I never thought it was even possible to do such a complex coding using only "browser-supported" languages. As others said the project is simply amazing! Keep up the good work (:

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  91

Are there any updates on this?

I made some improvements / enhancements, started working a bit on str files, start to rewrite a part of the code and start to think of a new way to support all packetver, but nothing concrete (I'm currently busy to search a new home with my girlfriend, so not really have a lot of time to work on).