Modified .act no-delay issue

Ind

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1260

discussion thread for the bugreport:4249

This would be better suited to the RAthena Development board since we're going into the idea of new functionality, rather than a true software bug (the issue itself is a client exploit technically).

It happened a few complaints on my server on an issue. GRF, to edit. ACT skills of the players managed to remove the delay of the skills that had the file. ACT edited. I tested using the time. GRFEditado and time without using it. GRFEditado. Actually the delay is reduced even the low amount of SP faster.

PS: if you want to. GRFEditada only comment I send the link.

I imagine it'd take little effort to write an ACT parser to read the animation length for the damaged and skill-cast frames, and convert that into a separate database or as a new column in the skill_cast_db.txt, I'll see what I can muster up.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  255

this should be fixed! asap xD!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186

I imagine it'd take little effort to write an ACT parser to read the animation length for the damaged and skill-cast frames, and convert that into a separate database or as a new column in the skill_cast_db.txt, I'll see what I can muster up.

I've an act parser, using in my game which uses ragnarok file.

The format is quite known and it isent that hard to do something with it.

The real question is how should we use such a database?

I've heard about ressource hacks, but never thought about how they are working.

The main skill delay is handled on server-side using skill_cast_db.txt, so which delay will be reduced via act file edits?

• Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  802

Animation delay? You can set in the act the time (ms) between each frame in the animation (action). But as far as I know, in Ragnarok there is no need for an animation to finish to start another animation.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  186

Animation delay? You can set in the act the time (ms) between each frame in the animation (action). But as far as I know, in Ragnarok there is no need for an animation to finish to start another animation.

Yea, the delay beteen the animations as i said /no1

And this is the ressource hack. Setting all delays to 0 allows to spam some skills.

But how exactly dos it work? Because the delay beteen skill uses are server-side.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  117

On some servers, it's possible to reduce after-cast delay enough to the point where it's practically 0. There are some skills which actually don't have a cool-down period but are maintained entirely by amotion. For instance, AC_DOUBLE (Double Strafe) has no cool-down period but relies on ASPD (subsequently amotion) to perform the skill fast enough. By editing the .act files to remove the sprite delay when casting, it becomes possible for the player to spam the skill endlessly at a stupid speed. I suppose the idea of this is to store the amotion values for each particular sprite (at a particular level of ASPD) to prevent this hack being usable.

Edit

After writing up a quick ACT parser to read the delay frames from ACT files, I have come to the conclusion that practically every job .act file has a 'delay' rate for attacking, skill attack 1 and skill attack 2 of '4.0' which is the standard default. What this means is that we just need to try and replicate the algorithm used by Gravity for calculating how long an animation plays for using amotion. If the algorithm in the source is the official formula then we should be able to manipulate that to add an amotion delay when using skills.

To download the parser I used when determining the values: http://www.epoque.ws/parser.zip

Just paste a list of <sprite id>_³².act files into the same directory that you run the script.

• Upvote 1